mardi 23 juillet 2019

3.1 Million People to lose Food Stamps

I know too many people abusing the system.

I don't know of any poor person buying soda vs. milk "Because it is cheaper". Food stamps is not their money anyway, it belongs to the taxpayer. A gallon of milk at my local grocery runs less than $2 a gallon, anyone can afford that. That is the cost of a 20 ounce soda at the checkout.

I knew one woman, young, very ignorant in nutrition. She lived across the hall from me, on a third floor. She used to fling the used diapers on the roof of the townhouse adjoining us. She had a baby of her own and then took in her sister's four children when the sister died.

She used to buy huge canisters of sweetened iced tea powder and feed that to the kids - I would hear them screaming and running around in the apartment from the sugar and caffeine - then she would beat them. She didn't understand the beverage choice was literally feeding bad behavior and something like milk would have been far more appropriate. Not to mention cheaper.

I think anyone on food stamps should have to attend mandatory nutrition classes 1x a year as long as they get the benefit. Some people literally do not understand garbage in, garbage out.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



3.1 Million People to lose Food Stamps

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire