jeudi 30 avril 2020

Long term survival Backpack

Hello,

Guys i'm pretty new to the forum, not from the US but i would have a few questions about my survival backpack.
Mainly if the items i have a good for long term survival, if something is too much, if something is missing. The current gear i use, is for 3-5 days, so i would like to know what else i need for long term.
I would like to start with the fact that i am tall guy 1.92 meters (6.3 feet), have about 95 KG's (203 lbs), athletic constitution (some fat lately due to the quarantine in Europe). I also must note that i don't take everything with me all the time, i take stuff depends on what i'm doing.

I have the following items (including clothing):
- Backpack 45L, expandable to 90L via zippers on sides. It has a gun store in the back and has a aluminum frame, mole slots, water resistant and 25 year warranty from a respectable European company. Green camo.
- Water resistant clothing with a 0-25 Celsius comfort degree rating. I have underclothes (wind resistant) for upper and lower part of body. They were good for me until -15 degrees, but a confort temperature would be -10 degrees C. Salomon boots, that do very well in the summer and with proper socks in the winter. I have the Original Mechanix gloves that for me are good from woodworking, small works and even shooting my air rifle. Rain coat.
- I have 2 knives a Kabar Big Brother ( serrated ) for machete like tasks and larger knife task, and a morakniv survival/crafting smaller knife. I'm still looking for a nylon seethe for the Kabar. I own a Cold steel machete, but it's to thin for my type of forest, a Gerber Gator one that worked well for me on chopping and Gerber Parang very good for chopping.
- I have 2 pocket sharpening tool good for knifes and a axe. Both very lightweight.
- A foldable solar panel rugged, 30W (max tested 27.8W) in spring time (march) 15v DC and 2x USB. 960 grams.
- Lights : 2 x Solar accordion type lanterns, 1 Aluminum Grade Flashlight with 18650 battery (with a USB charger and 2 extra batteries). A Headlamp with a small solar charger, enough to charge that in one day. 2x Candles for light/ warmth if needed. A electric lighter, a pressure natural gas lighter + small extra natural gas container (for those windy days), and a pretty big ferro rod, good quality.
- 2 x 1.5m Fishing pen poles with various hooks, strings, floaters, very lightweight and compact.
- Tools like:
a)Big boy silky.
b)Fiskars small hatchet X7, that i can split logs with surprisingly while i keep it sharp.
c)A 19 in 1 multitool for electric stuff maintenance etc.
d)Paracord, 550lbs, about 60 meters.
e)Other strings that i can tie up logs, even made a nice door once. Including a metal string to keep wood fixed and tight.
f)A couple of bracelets with hooks, strings, compass, gimmicks.
g)2 People cooking set small and compact alongside with a 150 grams portable grill (has to be assembled)
h)A couple of Mylar blankets
i) A Sawyer Water Purifier with extra storage for water.
J)A small 64 grams, water bag for 20L of water. It's solar so you can take a shower or use it to carry water if needed. Perfect with paracord even if throwing it in a well to get water.
k)A small shovel, (i'm looking for a better one at the moment, this bends a little).
l) I own a grappling hook but i never had to use this so it just sits here at the moment.
m) First aid kit, that i take with me on every trip.
n) Patches and ducktape for clothes/tent
- As for shelter, i will probably be called a noob here but i always used a tent (except when i build it myself. I have a 2.1 KG tent for 2 and half persons that is very convenient and takes me like 7-8 minutes to set up and less to take it down (also very good water resistant 10000). I also have a standard foam pad and a 700 grams sleeping bag (-5 to 25 degrees Celsius comfortable, but I've used it at -9 degrees with no problem). I'm willing to try either a poncho, either a tarp, but i just don't know what is the best on the market, any tips would be appreciated.
- As for emergency food, i always bring MRE with me. I got my hands on some, they are very good and if I do not burn out too many calories, they can last me trough the day.

In total without the machetes, they all weight about 21 KG's. Not the weight I like to carry with me, but for long term i could get to 30 KG's without any issues.

Unfortunately firearms are restricted in my country so no, i don't own any. I only own a gas piston air rifle but we aren't allowed in the woods with it or on any public place. So that is that. But in case of long term survival who cares, i have a 3KG air rifle with a 4-16 leapers UTG IR scope and a pellet making mold for it. I consider it good because every car battery is about 2500 pellets . The 28 FPE it puts out is enough for small to medium animals hunting.

The machetes i mention i don't use them too much, i bought them at the beginning and i thought they would have a better use but the truth is nothing can beat the silky and a hatchet. If you put your mind to it, the silky can cut very big logs by turning them, while burning low amounts of energy.

I have tons of other stuff, not worth mentioning, and some I don't recall right now.

I would appreciate some tips, some + or - to the backpack that you guys have dealt with in your longer experience than mine. Due to the recent events (The so called Pandemic) I'm giving this a more thorough thought. I'm fresh 30 years old, while giving me the hints, please consider i have a wife and a 9 months old daughter that i will obviously take with me if the situation needs it.

I'm in the market for some good walkies, one for me one for my wife. The thing is that I would like it to catch other frequencies also, sort of a scan. I never had one so I don't even know what to look for.

Thank you in advance!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Long term survival Backpack

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire