samedi 27 décembre 2014

Anyone else suffer from migraines? How do you endure them?

I suffered from migraines for about 2 years ending about 6-7 months ago. They came & went. I remember the first time I got a migraine - I was playing Half-Life 2 & the visual disturbances (sometimes called an aura, look it up if you don't know what that is) started. They would occur monthly, sometimes twice monthly. Only once did I have two migraine "episodes" (as in the aura came & went, then came & went again) in one day.



I never found out precisely what my trigger was. Usually, migraines have a trigger - something you consume or are around that triggers an episode, similar to an alergy. However, about 6-7 months ago, they stopped. I haven't got an aura/migraine since then, except for very small, "warning" spots (I call the first small patches of a forming aura this) which are neither preceded or anteceded by the actual migraine. The migraines were very powerful for me, they usually knocked me out for 1-2 hours. If I was at work, I had to go home immediately - a lot of the time I'm pretty sure my boss didn't believe me. Unfortunately, and I don't know if it's coincidence or as a result of the visual disturbances, my eyesight has deteriorated a bit since then.



Do you suffer from migraines? What's your experience like? How do you endure one? Do you know of any ways to "treat" them or methods to endure them? I once spoke to a guy who claimed he had a migraine aura 24/7, but I'm not sure I believe him.



If you've never experienced the "aura" before, it's quite a thing... it's also impossible to explain what it looks like. Imagine all the colours of the visible spectrum, viewed through your eyes, except for a small patch that appears to be completely void of anything - it's not any colour you can identify, and it's absent of any visuals - but it's not white or black... it's just... nothing.





Anyone else suffer from migraines? How do you endure them?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire