dimanche 14 décembre 2014

Best gear "sitting idle" in BOB, GHB, etc.

In addition to BOBs for me and my wife, I also have a GHB, a stocked sling pack/mag carrier, and what I call a "mission bag" along the lines of what I've seen others describe as an INCH bag. As I suspect is true for many people, these bags (fortunately) don't really see any use; I generally only open mine to check expiration dates and seals on some of the contents. It has occurred to me that while there are always forum members who insist on carrying nothing less than the best in their various packs (guns, ammo, knives, tools, flashlights, etc.) I find it difficult to stow some of my best, typically most expensive knives "hardware" in a bag that never leaves the basement, closet or trunk.



I almost always have a knife, multi-tool and flashlight on me (EDC) or immediately accessible, but none that are necessarily the best. Likewise, the other packs I mentioned contain functional, versatile equipment but not by any means the best. When I go camping or hiking or just working in my garden or back yard, I usually reach for a "beater" knife that I trust to hold up to some wear and tear. Meanwhile, my most durable knives (Emerson Mini A-100, Benchmade Adamas 275, various "hard use" fixed blades) sit comfortably around the house. The flashlights and multi-tools I routinely use are sufficient for routine use, but I have better . . . sitting on shelves or in drawers. I could choose any one of them for some actual, honest work, but can't bring myself to tuck them into a BOB or GHB.



As much as I feel that tools are meant to be used, I guess I find it a stretch to call stashing something in a pack the best use for a quality tool. Is it just me?





Best gear "sitting idle" in BOB, GHB, etc.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire