samedi 28 mars 2015

Gut check...

I just finished up my training for the year. We did a lot of shoot-house training. Some was live fire on paper target/ traps as we moved through. Some with cops playing the bad guys and using simunitions.



Bottom line, you weren't going to clear that house without getting shot. It didn't matter how tactically sound your technique was, the situation was just too dynamic and the defenders always had the advantage.



The lesson for me was...prepare to be shot if my adversary is determined to fight. Be determined to fight despite being shot. Body armor is great, but your arms are probably going to be shot. Bullet shields are nice, but heavy and it’s difficult to shoot when employing one. In TEOTWAWKI, I'll be doing recon by gunfire rather than entering a room.





Gut check...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire