mardi 27 décembre 2016

Local government in Oregon attacking natural right to rainwater

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBryan314 View Post

And that is complete and utter bull****. Not the way it should be at all.

I agree! Just because somebody else owns the water on your land does not mean they must drain it! They have that RIGHT, you understand, but that does not mean they need to destroy the pond. After all, I own chickens but that doe not mean I have to destroy them! The landowners idea that the water be made available to firemen was a good one!

The government is acting like jerks.

The laws-according to my agriculture classes- were made because there was not enough water to supply the needs for everybody. Therefor in the west there are those who HAVE water rights, and those who do NOT have water rights. We have similar laws in Kansas. I own a BOL with a creek running through it: I have the right to water BUT the people below us have rights that come before ours. That means that while I can use the creek water I am not allowed to run the folks down stream of us short. Their rights come before ours, and so in a dry year I am expected to leave the water alone, so that they will have enough.

They have city water, but the law is an old one. And, it has never been repealed.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Local government in Oregon attacking natural right to rainwater

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire