mercredi 28 décembre 2016

Sinkholes

When you live where limestone is prevalent you get used to them. I haven't had the huge ones you see on the news, but I have an area in my front yard that collapsed a few years ago.

One day my yard was fine, then the next I had an area three foot by five foot across and a couple feet deep. My neighbor said to probe it, and if it was solid to just fill it in.

I checked it with a pipe I had and it seemed solid. I called the garden center and had a load of dirt brought in. I filled the hole and it was fine, but last spring it sank again, this time a couple feet across and a foot deep.

I'll be refilling it again this spring.

My next door neighbor just found foundation issues from sinking on his property. I asked around and found one other neighbor a few doors down with issues concerning his garage slab from sinking, nice.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Sinkholes

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire