samedi 24 novembre 2018

Long-term storage of antique black powder gun

The specific gun I have in mind is a Colt 1851 revolver, made in 1861. The gun is in good shape with almost no bluing left, but otherwise intact and fully functional.

I normally use Ballistol for black powder guns, but I don't think Ballistol would be a great long-term protection. This is a safe queen, obviously. But, I do like to look at it, and don't want to rule out the possibility of shooting it again, so I don't want to immerse it in beeswax or anything that extreme.

So, what say you, fine people of SB.com? Is there a black powder-friendly version of Barricade? Or, should I actually use Barricade, and deal with it if I shoot the gun? Thanks.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Long-term storage of antique black powder gun

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire