vendredi 27 avril 2018

If I can't feel happy pre-SHTF, what about post-SHTF?

I actually have a pretty good life statistically, yet more often than not I'm not feeling happy. So the irony is, if I can't enjoy cozy pre-SHTF, why on earth would I live a meaningful life post-SHTF?

None of us know what the SHTF is going to be like (instant shock or unbearibly slow decline. Wild West or army occupation. etc etc), but no matter what you believe, surely it's safe to say that pre-SHTF is at least 50x better than post-SHTF.

I know what you're thinking, "post-SHTF I will have more freedom", "post-SHTF I don't have to turn the other cheek if I catch some punk stealing from me", "post-SHTF I will be in nature rather than boring office job", "post-SHTF I will have the upper hand because I prepped", but despite all the pros, the fact of the matter is something is going to really really suck about SHTF. Even if you turn out to be the King Kong of post-STHF, a simple lung infection could make your life a living hell.

I do believe that ultimately happiness isn't about comfort, that it's about something inside. But since I've never been able to really figure out that inner happiness, I don't see why that would change in the future. Also with that said, comfort probably IS part of "real happiness". An no matter how much you prep, you will likely never be as comfortable post-SHTF.

Do you ever think to yourself, "Shouldn't priority 1 be to find happiness in this life, before prepping for the next post-SHTF life"?

If you believe "ppl are unhappy because of excessive comfort, when life gets tougher they will find meaning again" then do you see the possibility that maybe our forfathers said the complete opposite, that "our lives are miserable now, but it will all be worth it one day when our future generations can live in cozy cities, far from the mud of nature, indoors with AC/heater etc"

Let's block ads! (Why?)



If I can't feel happy pre-SHTF, what about post-SHTF?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire