vendredi 23 novembre 2018

Teaching the truth to the next generation.

While gathered together for Thanksgiving, my great nephew was watching me sort out all the new photos from our family vacation down here in Florida. As he sat by me at my laptop, he began to ask questions about all the photos, and folders of photos. "Army photos" caught his eye. He thought it was cool to see some shots of military vehicles, and other countries, so I took the chance to teach him about being thankful, seeing as it's that season.

I showed him a couple photos of an instance where I was passing out Girl Scout cookies to poor Iraqi kids back in 2005. I was a Cub Scout den leader prior to the deployment, and the Girl Scout leader had sent me several crates of cookies to pass out among the troops. I did pass out quite a few, but being the good, kind, generous Americans the media never gives us credit for, we also decided to pay it forward to the local kids. I started taking them on missions that were going into less dangerous areas. If we stopped, and some kids came out (they almost always did) I became the cookie Santa.

I'm sure they were thankful for the Americans that came over to help them.

No matter the political objectives, we (the troops) tried to do a lot more than just kill the bad guys, and take their oil... not that the media or the school system will ever admit to it.

It's Thanksgiving time. Be thankful.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Teaching the truth to the next generation.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire