mercredi 29 novembre 2017

feel sorry for the cashless masses

Had a bit of an eye-opening experience this last weekend that I thought I'd share...

Was doing a little Christmas shopping, actually only had 1 thing that cost about $14 after tax, but the line in the store was ridiculously long. I went to the middle of the line and asked the lady there how long she'd been waiting, she replied about 45 minutes!

So, I had this great idea: just go to the front of the line, offer the person a $20 bill from which they could keep the change if they'd just buy my item along with whatever else they were buying, and hand it to me on the way out. Simple, right? I thought it was a pretty great idea because my time is more valuable than $4/hour, and I only had 1 small item. No way would I attempt this with a full cart or anything. Nobody quite understood what I was asking, a few people freaked out thinking I was trying to scam them or something, others were like "I don't carry cash, I can't give you change..."

It was like nobody knew how cash works anymore, just swipe your plastic and you don't have to think. Finally someone with a brain helped me out, and I got out of there in 5 minutes. I feel sorry for all these people that don't use/understand cash anymore...you can bet they'll be the first to panic if/when the grid is interrupted and their plastic is useless.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



feel sorry for the cashless masses

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire