jeudi 30 novembre 2017

References to understand how the world works

Hello all,

A good portion of my preparedness revolves around understanding how things work. What do I need to build or create x, and where do I get the tools and resources to do that? How do I get from an empty field to a pizza? How do I refine petroleum? How would I recreate modern communications from scratch after an EMP? I read and study this information, and save it for later reference. Usually studying a topic leads me to more and more areas to understand, then tracing every resource back to its raw materials. But I'm running out of areas to research...

Ive scoured the internet for resources like http://ift.tt/1RvBvXf, the gigantic http://ift.tt/16iUInt and the fantastic http://ift.tt/1xObeaq. Ive gone through all the "Survival Resources" sections on all the preparedness websites, and I think I have something on just about every topic covered and just about every raw material mapped. In addition to online resources, one of my favorite sources of inspiration is the outstanding book "The Knowledge: How to Rebuild Our World from Scratch" by Lewis Dartnell.

As I'm sure people will ask, I have my information (getting close to ~270GB) stored in a couple locations including a copy on a laptop, and a kindle with memory cards and a solar charger stored in a shielded case.

With the handicap that you don't know what all is in my collection, Id like to ask for input from the learned members of this forum on topics/subjects that I may not have thought of. What skills or areas of knowledge do people overlook? Id like to hear your favorite sources of checklists, cheetsheets, handbooks, reference books, maps, archives, manuals, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



References to understand how the world works

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire