mercredi 29 novembre 2017

Too much wild pig meat

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaliothView Post

Seriously wish I had that kind of meat problem. Maybe a bigger freezer in the interim? Store at a friends house until you can process it?.

Good luck!

Thank you.

I'm kinda partially doing this as a SHTF prep/preview.

I have a 14.8 and the better part of a 5 cubic foot freezer full.
I'm a food horder, when I find a good deal...

And part of the reason I have so many jars of (home) canned food is when your one person with 1/2 a pig and 1/2 a cow in the freezer, and then start buying $5.15/lb leftover primecribs and cutting ribeys, you buy an entire 32lb chuckeye and cut it into steaks ($2.50/lb) you buy 20lb boxes of bacon for $17, $2.20/lb brisket....

You end up with TOO MUCH food (1st world problems)

I do NOT need ANOTHER freezer to fill up! I've actually not been allowing myself to hit more than a few fresh things for several months now. (And then I had the trip to the gulf coast at the best part of shrimp season....)
Some shrimp is going in the freezer and some jars will replenish the seafood stock...

I have access to a walk in cooler that I can butcher and hang the hogs in till I can give them away

There's some little old ladies, students, families with kids etc that will gt big chunks of meat.

But Americans are Ill prepared to deal with volumes of food.
(I have 5 or 6 pressure canners.)
I kinda hate to can chunks of pork, but it might come to that.

But (although I suspect the pigs will be on their place to stay...
I'd like to pretend this is a one shot deal and put up enough canned pork for a few years, and.....?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Too much wild pig meat

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire