dimanche 26 octobre 2014

Camo Clothing Search

I've spent a lot of time recently trying to choose a heavy rain outer garment. My choice product at this time is the Tru-Spec H20 rain parka. I wanted a Gen 1 in woodland camo, but my size is most likely 2XL, and they are sold out all over. I can't find one. The woodland camo is discontinued, and Tru-Spec has introduced the Gen 2 line of parkas. Woodland has been replaced by digital woodland, which I really don't like. I wrote to the company a few days ago. Here is the correspondence:



"Hello,



I've been looking at your rain parka and trying to choose a pattern/color. I was considering your digital woodland pattern, but I'm a little put off by the desert sand background. Do you have a photo of this digital woodland clothing in a forest? I would like to see how invisible it is. I'm wondering if this pattern is designed for double duty in an average North American forest, as well as a desert in Iraq.



Alternatively, the army digital pattern interests me. It would be great to see a photo of these patterns in a forest so I know which one I like best.



Thank you,

Jack
"



Linda, from Tru-Spec, answered me:



"Hello Jack

For the multiply environments you are describing the best is MULTICAM our item #2045

If you google ‘MULTICAM HIDDEN PICTURES” you will see actual photos in several different type of terrain … sort of like FIND WALDO
:)"



And she sent me this pic:







Clearly, Linda did not understand my email.



I don't need to know about the various camo patterns out there, and how they fit in with an environment. I want to know how a Gen 2 camo Tru-Spec rain parka works in a North American environment.



I will never bug out in the Middle East, nor in any desert region, so a camo pattern that is designed to do double duty in both Iraq and Ontario (which is no different than Michigan) is no good to me. What is the point of a desert tan background in the digital woodland pattern?



And the army digital pattern. What environment is that designed for? It looks too beige to me.



The multicam seems so obviously designed for the desert. It looks to me like olive drab is the only choice for the wet region that is most of North America.



What do you guys think? I'm sure several of you are familiar with Ontario. Which pattern would you choose? Do you know of a better coat than the H20? I want something suitable for a day/night of blowing sleet/freezing rain downpour, and I intend to wear it over a woolly pully if the temperature is at 0 Celsius or colder.



One of the objectives of choosing the H20 is that if you can't see me, you won't bother with me or try to rob me. Out of sight is out of mind.



I'm leaning toward the olive drab, or I'll find another brand.





Camo Clothing Search

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire