dimanche 26 octobre 2014

Seeking Advice / Ideas On Best Way to Offer Military Discount

I have a website that sells stuff. I'm not here to advertise so I won't mention what we sell but we sell stuff.



The stuff we sell seems to be popular with active military servicemen and women and we've sold our stuff all over the world. We've shipped to more than 40 countries, often shipping to APO/FPO/DPO/ etc.



We recently added a military discount. Our website says that any package shipping to APO/FPO/DPO or US military bases get the discount, you just need to enter the discount code. It's worked out fairly well except that I'm getting occasional orders that are shipping to residential addresses nowhere near military bases using the discount code.



These could still be active military shipping to parents, wives, or themselves on leave but it could also be somebody scamming. I have no way to know unless I demand some proof and I don't want to be disrespectful to our servicemen by making them scan and email proof of active service, but I might have too.



I'm in the process of building a brand new website with lots more stuff. It will be a couple of months before it's ready to launch but I'm working on the military discount procedure now. I'm just wondering if any of our active military or ex active military members know how other retailers might have handled this better than we are.



Thanks in advance for any advice you have.





Seeking Advice / Ideas On Best Way to Offer Military Discount

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire