mercredi 29 octobre 2014

Go-to Combat Sidearm

Just curious on everyone's opinion. I'm not talking concealed weapons or bug out bag cheapo mouse guns (which ARE fun little buggers) I'm talkin SHTF combat, good odds of engaging in a firefight sidearm. What would you use/prefer and why. Lets keep it civil too



For me its my Ruger P95 I bought new JUST before they stopped production.



Its a tank. Its so heavy the felt recoil is rivaled by my 22mag revolver and I personally can put follow up shoots very accurately and quickly on target.



Blued so it doesn't shine and give away my position etc.



Single/Double action. Does both w/hammer and allows for a second trigger pull if needed.



Reliable. Its a Ruger tank. I've put around 2700-2800 of all kinds of reloaded, steel cased, dirty and shody ammo through it and had two misfires, of which were reloaded rounds that fired on the second trigger pull.



Comes with picatinny rail for customization.



Hi-cap mags. Standard capacity is 15 (unless regulated by state) and 15 and ever 32 round aftermarket mags are common at gun shows.



As already stated its a friggin brick. I could probably club someone to death with it if I had to. I can also personally attest that the 32 round "beat stick" as I call it loaded with 115grn fmjs does a number on a beer bottle and wound definately put someone out.



Drawbacks would be weight and polymer frame. But I like the poly myself.



I'd have it horizontal accross the chest on my plate carrier, (i have the holster to do so) 15+1 safety on, hammer cocked. Two spare 15 rounders and my 32 in my mag pouch that I can throw in if I ever need to use my sidearm to suppress someone either to run away or to change position/advance. 32 of anyyhing comming your way fast will probably put your head down.



I would also like to re itterate this is not my carry gun nor my go to combat gun. That would be a rifle. This is my go to sidearm. E.I. I'm heading a mile up the road to link up with members of my group and I know there might be looters etc. Along the way. It would be the second gun I grab.





Go-to Combat Sidearm

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire