lundi 3 novembre 2014

Bug out bag...what is in yours?

I spent a number of years training in the army when I was 18. Got out when I was 23, but I NEVER forgot my training.



I have ALWAYS had a bug out bag packed, just in case. Never know what will happen. If it does not happen, at least I was ready anyways.



I have packed:



Glow sticks, trail marking tape, .22 ammo, one box of slugs, and one box of bird shot (12 gauge), GPS, flashlights, LOADS of extra batteries, map, compass, first aid kit WITH suture kit, water and food for 4 days for 2 people, LOTS of fire starting gear (flint, insta fire, 9 volt batteries and steel wool, zippo, waterproof/windproof matches) thermal blankets, emergency shelter, axe, SEVERAL large and small knives, a couple sharpeners, rope, whistles, folding shovel, extra lighter fluid and flints, tool kit, a bit of cash, a few thousand rounds for the SKS ready to go, gun cleaning kit, fishing gear, etc.



This is enough to get me though about a week of in the woods/urban SHTF.



In the same room(locked up heavily) are all my rifles (SKS, Mosin Nagant, .270, .22-250, Mossberg 715T, etc) my shotgun, extra ammo, cleaning kit and LOADS of extra stuff that is packed and ready to go at a moment's notice.



I am not praying for a SHTF situation, or hoping for civil war, I am not a conspiracy theorist, although I do keep up to date with political BS, but I want to be able to survive if something happens.



I have several primary and back up spots to bug out to, high ground, active game trails, fishing and clean water.



I hunt regularly, fish, camp, hike, etc....I know my way around the bush.



How prepared are some of you guys?





Bug out bag...what is in yours?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire