lundi 3 novembre 2014

QUestions about credit cards and the US system.

Hello!



There is something I have been thinking about watching US movies and reading around on the net and more so after my last years vacation to the states.



Here (and I GUESS most places, I don't know) I would say standard is you work for a month and get payed and then use that money for whatever expenses you have. I for example don't have a credit card and I have no plans to get one really, no need for more expenses.

In the US I got the feeling that people loan money and then pay of the loans instead?



However when I was in the US and I was to buy something more expensive than a few dollars it felt like it was mandatory to pay with credit? Why would you do that?

I had clerks looking at me in some sort of distrust when I payed them cash even, atleast it felt like that, I don't know. Could be as simple as it was my accent.



A guy I spoke to found it strange that I didn't have a credit card and asked me if I had debts I couldn't pay or something, to me it would be the other way around :confused: No credit card would mean you have what you need and don't need to loan.



I'm sorry for my English here and I have obvious problems explaining what I mean here but if someone could explain this system to me I would be more than grateful, why and how it works? Are people supposed to be in constant debt?





QUestions about credit cards and the US system.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire