mercredi 12 novembre 2014

How will you get more water after a disaster?

While it's a great idea to have as much water on hand as possible, it's obviously heavy and bulky. In my new home, we'll have about 150 gallons of fresh water on hand between food-grade HDPE drums and our water heater, plus whatever is frozen in our refrigerator.



Our home will be located about 1/2 mile from a significant river. Driving close to it might be possible, but after a disaster, I don't want to be driving anywhere unnecessarily. So I'm thinking of just walking back and forth on dark nights with 5 gallon buckets periodically.



I'm sure that many here have wells, but you need to have means in place to get the water out. I fear that many do not.



So what are your plans on acquiring more water?





How will you get more water after a disaster?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire