dimanche 2 novembre 2014

Canned foods recipes

Looking in the pantry, and trying to decide how best to manage my inventory, I have been trying to think of dishes I would create from canned foods. I created a spreadsheet with dish names, canned food items, and cross-referenced the two for how many cans of which foods it takes to make a meal. The list of dishes is pretty small and could get pretty boring after a few rotations so I'm looking for ideas on what other dishes can be created out of the canned foods I am already storing or what other canned foods I should be storing.



When I say canned foods, I don't mean LTS type meal mixes such as freeze dried but I do include meals with canned ingredients that might be dependent upon staples such as wheat, rice, etc.



This is the list of primary canned food ingredients I keep. I also have spices, fruits, vegetables, rice, wheat, etc. to go with them but this list is what I would consider primary canned-food ingredients.



Canned Beef

Canned Hamburger

Canned Chicken

Red Beans

Navy Beans

Refried Beans

Canned Ham

Wolf Chili

Canned Tuna

Canned Salmon

Canned Cheese

Canned Tomatoes

Canned Spaghetti (cooked, not dry)

Tomato Sauce

Canned Sausage

Canned Potatoes

Refried Beans

Spaghetti Sauce





Here's the list of dishes I came up with so far for my list of canned primary ingredients.



Beef Soup

Spaghetti

Chili

Ham and Beans

Burritos - Beef

Tuna Sandwich

Mac and Tomato

Barbecue Sandwich

Sloppy Joe

Red Beans and Rice

Tuna Casserole

Quesadillas - Chicken

Quesadillas - Beef and bean

Enchiladas

Salmon Patties





So let's have a discussion of meals that that can be made from typical canned food storage items and the recipes for those meals. If the thread catches on, I'll keep up this first post with additional dishes and canned primary ingredients and references to the post where they are added.





Canned foods recipes

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire