lundi 28 mars 2016

question for weightlifters/anyone

Maybe not a specific question,but comment-observation?

I'm in my late 50's,active,work construction,weigh 150.

Not to sound like Al Bundy,but haven't formally "worked out" since my H.S. football days.
3 weeks ago broke my leg/ankle/heel-been on crutches since,and maybe another 2 months.

For every step,my good leg supports 2X the weight,from 75 now to 150#
The next step,my wrists/shoulder (elbows locked)support 150#(75 each)

So for every aprox. 35 steps,I'm supporting(pressure?) an extra ton that joints/muscles are not used to.

Just curious if this is the same as a good work-out or lifting?
The broken leg ca,'t bear any weight and has an extra 5# of cast on it,so I guess the thigh/hip is getting a work-out by having to keep it raised.

Now wonder I'm tired and my body is out of wack.

I try not to over do it,stay off it like the Dr. said...but there is no real guideline for over doing it..I listen to my body,but by the time I get tired/sore/hurting..I've probabley overdone it.

So,is there a comparison of 1 leg supporting an extra 75#,versus dead lifting 75# all day..guessing the muscles work in different ways

Let's block ads! (Why?)



question for weightlifters/anyone

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire