vendredi 25 septembre 2015

Hogue Overmolded Stock on the Ranch Rifle (Mini-14)

I picked up a http://ift.tt/1FnwAE3


Ruger 5846 Tactical Mini-14 the other day. It's the third Mini for me but the first of the 'modern' series.

The guy I got it from swapped out the ATI Strikeforce Stock for the Hogue Overmolded (Ghillie Green) and a UltiMAK Ruger Mini-14 Scout Mount. He threw in the ATI stock and an additional Archangel stock.


I didn't care for the Archangel, tried the ATI on (I have one for my 10-22 and love it) and didn't care for that either. I ended up trading the Archangel for a traditional hardwood stock with a guy in Texas.



To my surprise, I found that it shot much better with the Hogue than the hardwood. The wood looks really nice but my group opened up considerably. I never tried the Archangel as one of my sons has one and it just doesn't feel right to me. It's nice to have options though :D: The UltiMak works with both the wood and Hogue, and I really like how it looks.

PS There was a compensator, made for an AR pistol, on it but he also had the original 'birdcage." I put that back on and moved the compensator to my AR pistol and it works quite nicely there. :D:

Anyone else have the Hogue? I have always liked Hogue products in the past and it looks like this one is no exception. I didn't think I would like the Gillie Green but it has grown on me. :thumb:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7-IMG_0739-001.jpg (22.1 KB)
File Type: jpg 1-IMG_0732-001.jpg (41.6 KB)
File Type: jpg 1-IMG_1020-002.jpg (23.1 KB)


Hogue Overmolded Stock on the Ranch Rifle (Mini-14)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire