jeudi 3 septembre 2015

My first AK!

So I finally bought an AK, a Century arms Romanian. Really I bought it because I felt bad. I know a good bit about a lot of different firearms, but not a darn thing about the most popular rifle in the world. I always said, "I like AR's and M1A's, why would I need an AK?" I still think that's mostly true, but I wanted to learn about the AK.

I took it to the range....once. It shot just fine I suppose, for about 10 rounds. Then I took a shot and it shot twice (and the next round chambered but did not fully work the action as it wouldn't fire). After a few more rounds it shot 3 times, and the same malfunction occurred. I was on a bench and thought maybe I was bump-firing somehow. So I stood up and it kept doing the same thing, 2-3 round bursts followed by a malfunction. I admit it was pretty fun but I was a little concerned about the legalities of the thing so I took it back to my gun shop (after 30 rounds). Either Century or the distributor (I didn't ask who) bought it back for me.

I thought it was funny that my first experience with "the most reliable gun in the world" wouldn't run more than 10 rounds in a row for me. I'm not knocking the AK at all, in fact I asked the gun shop to order another one just like it for me (hopefully not JUST like it).

Do any of you AK guys know of this being common or am I just that lucky?


My first AK!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire