samedi 5 septembre 2015

Totally unprepared for this!

I wrote about my having to start over in my life in a previous thread and today I discover I've had my head in the sand farther than I thought possible.
I moved into my house last Monday. I've been thinking that the utilities were still in my wife's name amd would get the bills from her and pay them until I transfer everything into my name.
I get home this morning and see that something is not right. The night light I have on my front porch is not on and my kitchen light is not on.
I go inside and have an uncomfortable feeling. I then go out to the electric meter and see a green tag on the meter and feel that somethng not right has occurred.
My cellphone has died and my home phone does not work without electricity, fortunately I have a battery backup for the phone. I cal the electric company and find that the power had been taken over by the previous tenant and had been turned off today, literally.
After jumping through a few hoops I get an appointment to have power restored and billed to me. On Tuesday, after Labor Day.
No refrigeration, no hot water and no power until after they get here Tuesday.
I guess I get to find out how well I'm prepared for a grid down scenario, huh?
No hot water will be the worst I believe.


Totally unprepared for this!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire