mercredi 23 mars 2016

Telling apart different fuel types

Gasoline vs. 2 stroke premixed by color. Diesel and kerosene smell and feel different. Harder to tell ethanol from methanol.

If you using it as internal combustion fuel you best be sure, if its just Instant Boy Scout doesn't make much difference.

Vapor pressure at a known temperature is a fairly specific test.

I make tags for my fuel cans by folding duct tape over a cut piece of index card. I write the date, the fuel treatment such as 3/16 Reg +Stabil or 4/16 32:1 Prem on both sides with a fat sharpie. I use a scrap piece of stripped copper house wire to wire the tag to the can handle. You could do it with aluminum foil and a ball point pen if you need it to last a long time, use aluminum wire.

I don't run preserved fuel in the chainsaw or wood splitter, nasty headaches.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Telling apart different fuel types

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire