mardi 31 janvier 2017

colored rifle stocks...

I just wanted some advice on a matter. Sometimes the little details are what gives us fits. After the conversation has run its course, the mods can feel free to delete such a trivial and asinine post.

What do you guys think about the colored or camo stocks for AR's, Ak's SKS's etc.? I'm mainly referring to the desert tan and olive drab ones, not the neon zombie green and princess pink disasters.

I've heard that through NVGs, a black rifle sticks out like a sore thumb, even if the bearer is wearing a ghillie suit or other disruptive garments. I've also heard from ex military, mostly from the sandbox that having earth-tone colors on your weapon is a good idea, as it aids in camo in the field. I don't know if any of this is true, but I'm sure some of you probably have some kind of experience or at least technical knowledge of these stories.

I ask because I'm thinking about getting a desert tan stock for my SHTF rifle. Admittedly I like it, but I can be a downright pragmatist when it comes to my guns. I don't want to get something just on the "cool factor", but I can honestly see the benefits of having some camo on my rifle that isn't a rattlecan job or something. So what's the verdict; Functional? Too tacticool?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



colored rifle stocks...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire