jeudi 26 janvier 2017

Not an AR expert, a little help please

When I built my first AR it was a budget build which I completed for under $600. After shooting with it for the first time (which was a success), I had the AR bug and wanted better. I just finished another AR build and unlike the previous ones, this one did NOT operate flawlessly.

The problem I am having is after firing a round, the spent case ejects but fails to chamber the next round. I am suspecting the bolt is not being pushed back far enough to catch the next round. At the range, my first thought was perhaps a faulty mag, so I tried another, and another, with the same results. All the mags were Magpul Gen2 30rnd.

My next train of thought was a possible problem with the gas system or the buffer tube spring or even a combination of both. So here are the parts involved:

Buffer and tube are BCM
Upper is Aero Precision
BCG is also Aero Precision M16
Barrel is AR Stoner .223 Wylde 1:8 16"
Gas block is AR Stoner LR 308 low profile
Gas tube is DPMS mid length 308

I have triple checked that everything is properly assembled. I don't want to spend money trouble shooting (no pun intended) if someone already knows offhand what the problem is or what to start with. I'm thinking perhaps an adjustable gas block or maybe the spring is too strong and not allowing the bolt to slide all the way back? Like the title states, I'm no AR expert but I'm learning. Since I built my first one, I have enjoyed it like a hobby but still have much to learn.

Also, the ammo I was using was American Eagle .223 REM

Thanks

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Not an AR expert, a little help please

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire