jeudi 26 janvier 2017

Recipe for dirt

Last year, I started using this guy's soil block mix, and modified some small playdough containers to make my blocks for indoor seed starting.
3 parts peat moss
1 part perlite
3 parts compost
For raised beds, not so particular, I mix leaves and chicken manure to sit over a year and add to basic soil with some bagged potting soil and a little mulch mixed in.

If you're gonna have to buy everything, you can purchase good starting soil, but that is not what you want for your beds. And I thought making the blocks was fun. For beds, you could get basic top soil, and some other goodies mixed in, peat moss, mulch, etc.

I've never done soil tests, but it would probably help me know what to add to make things better.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Recipe for dirt

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire