jeudi 23 novembre 2017

Memorable Thanksgivings

Another thread got me thinking of memorable Thanksgivings for ya'll. Please share. I'll go first with a few, good and bad.

One year during law school I was living in a new area and a law school buddy invited me to his families Thanksgiving in the mountains. Really pretty snowy mountains and my first time in the Rockies actually.
The night before one of the family members was snacking and started choking and nobody did anything - they just sat and watched this poor guy turn purple and blue. icon_eek I jumped up and ran over to him and gave him the Heimlich and saved his life! :cheers2: A very memorable Thanksgiving.

Another year, maybe the last year my mom was with us, at my sibling's house, some garland fell onto a candle in the bathroom. Started a fire. Nobody noticed but my mother said she smelled smoke. Sure enough, the bathroom was ablaze - whole wall was on fire. I was closest and yelled for 911 and a fire extinguisher. The extinguisher was spent. Someone called 911 and myselt and others used towels and trays and pots of water to *barely* put out the fire. Another 30 seconds and the house would have been lost. I mean,that fire grew to an inferno in about 1 minute. It was terrifying.

Lost my mom on 22 November 2002. Was a very hard Thanksgiving. After her funeral I came back to my home state and at the time, my best friend was supposed to pick me up from the airport. When I landed, he had instead decided at the last moment to run off with some random girl to her out-of-state Thanksgiving and left me stranded at the airport on Thanksgiving. No ride. 40 minutes from home. It was not a good holiday... My gf left her family to come pick me up, and then I joined them for their really nice Thanksgiving meal.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Memorable Thanksgivings

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire