mardi 29 septembre 2020

Helmuts

corps issued several types. (I was medically Retired in 2009, but doubt this has changed.)

Both clear lenses and tinted. (Interchangeable lenses)

some guys would of lost eyes to frag except for them.

My experiences were more mundane, but made an impression.

One night I got saved from having a branch through my eye in an orange grove (the perhaps 1/2 mile near the rivers are incredibly green, rice paddies, orange groves, bananas and date palms) because even with a lost clear lense I had one eye covered by clear, and 1/2 of "sunglasses at night"
That sunglasses lense saved my eye. Had a painful scratch on my face for the next week, (was not moving slow) but I'll take that any day.

To this day I keep pairs of safety glasses, both tinted and clear all over, and I wear them whenever I am doing most anything.

That wasn't the first time either.... Just the last.

Eta:
We got issued ear pro too (lawsuit right now because apparently they sucked)
I and another buddy wore our own, and pretty much 24/7 outside the wire.
We are the only ones who came back with "no preceptable hearing loss"
-which is BS, but I am far better off than most, and do not have constant ringing in my ears.
I have a pair of safariland in a small case in my pocket right now that are similar to the pair I wore on Iraq and do not interfere with conversation level sound, but cuts out loud noises.

Minimal situational aware loss and after the first round is fired I have BETTER situational awareness.

I put them in when I need to fire even one round unsuppressed, or if the GF (she likes the vibrations of base cranked way up) wants to play the music loud or other damaging decibles.

I like hearing the wind and the birds, and when you shoot as often as I do.... It adds up

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Helmuts

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire