mercredi 24 février 2016

Black Hills new "Water Resistant" 62gr TSX 5.56 "Optimized"

I tested this round at 10 yards into water jugs, and at 100 yards into water jugs. At 10 yards, the expansion resulted in more "curling" of the petals, thus a shorter "shank", than at 100 yards. The interesting thing was how nearly identical the expanded diameters were between the two!

I also tested this round for accuracy, and sadly pulled 1 round. I called it before I went down-range. It was shot #8.

The round penetrated into and was found in the 5th jug when milk-jugs full of water were shot at 10 yards, and at 100 yards, the round punctured the outer wall of the 4th jug, but did remain inside the 4th jug. The damage to the outer wall was such that I did not think it had remained in the jug. It very nearly made it through.

For bonus footage, I also shot a group at 100 yards with the 50gr TSX. Do not pay attention to the groups in relation to bulls-eye. I was zeroing the optic at the time. The 50gr TSX in my rifle (DDM4 16.1" .gov profile, CHF/CL barrel with SF 212-556 suppressor) shot roughly 1" low of the 62gr TSX at 100 yards.





This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Black Hills new "Water Resistant" 62gr TSX 5.56 "Optimized"

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire