jeudi 25 février 2016

Polaris Sportsman EFI pump replacement tip

I just replaced my in tank fuel pump with a Carter p72118 fuel pump. It cost me $60.00 and my time.

Polaris doesn't sell only a replacement pump. They want you to buy a complete assembly (new fuel tank w/pump and tank gauge sending unit installed) for $650.00 and $200.00 in labor.

My Carter fuel pump is a better quality and silent while operating compared to the OEM unit. FYI - My ATV is a 2007 Sportsman 800 EFI.

It's my understanding that most EFI Polaris products can be repair this way. You just need to match the with an aftermarket equivalent.

If you're handy you can save yourself a ton of money doing it this way. Oh, keep you tanks full, because engine heat is what kill these pumps. Carter pumps are less prone to failure than the OEM and cheap unit.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Polaris Sportsman EFI pump replacement tip

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire