dimanche 24 juillet 2016

freezing tomatoes 2x before canning.

This is my first year growing tomatoes in any quantity, and I'm getting I'd say an average of about 3lbs/day now.

Thing is I need about 30 lbs to make a batch of sauce (per balls )

I've been just cutting them into chunks and freezing them in Gal ziplocks, but I'm running out of room in the freezer. I've got the grinder I make applesauce with I intend to grind them up with...

Can I freeze chunks, and when I've got enough to make it worth doing (now) cook down and grind them up into sauce, and refeeze (in a much smaller space) till I've got enough to can? I REALLY don't want to be grinding (and cleaning) daily!

Don't see any way it would be unsafe, and since I'm just making sauce I don't see how it would hurt the final product...

But I thought I'd check.
(Just straight sauce, after and if I get enough I'll make batches of spaghetti, chili, pizza sauce etc... want to have the plain stuff stored first)

Let's block ads! (Why?)



freezing tomatoes 2x before canning.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire