jeudi 28 juillet 2016

DIY Driveway alarm

I do not know if this is the right area so forgive me if I am wrong here.
We live on a 1/4 mile dead end lane, it is a continuation of the county road but it is much narrower and not as smooth as the county road because I maintain it my self.
We live out in the middle of no where and every so often a car will buzz down the lane and turn around in our circle and leave again. I mostly assume they are lost and can not read the "ROAD ENDS" sign at the top of the hill.
Anyway, it concerns me that I do not know anyone is approaching until I see their head lights on the wall as they are turning around.
I would like to be forewarned so I could be ready if it is ever more than n idiot who can not read road signs.
I have tried several commercially produced driveway alarms but none of them have the range I need, it is very wooded on both sides of the lane.
Here is my thought, has anyone ever tried to rig up a motion sensor to trip lights and or a buzzer? I am thinking with a relay so the MS is not baring the whole load. How far away will one work? If I bury 12/2 UF cable would that be heavy enough to compensate for any line loss?
I am thinking 700-1000 feet here.

I could experiment, but I do not need any more failed "brilliant ideas" laying around if someone else has already done some research.
BTW, garage door opener eyes will not work, neither does the chamberlain, nor the Mule.

Thanks

Let's block ads! (Why?)



DIY Driveway alarm

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire