dimanche 24 juillet 2016

SHTF Killing Small Game

So my plan for hunting small game in a SHTF scenario was to use my .223 and go for headshots on bunnies and squirrels, which obviously isn't ideal. I also have a 9mm. Also not ideal. Those calibers will both decimate game that small, and they're also extremely loud, which in a WROL situation is not good. I was thinking about purchasing an AR-7 (.22LR) for this purpose, which would also go nicely into a bug out bag.

.22's still make a fair amount of noise though, and in a suburban area like where I live it'd draw a lot of attention in a semi-broken down scenario (food shortages, but government still functioning like in Venezuela). Is there something else that'd work better such as airguns? Cabelas even sells slingshots and blowguns, but those seem hard to use. I'm not really sure how far the sound from a .22 travels, or whether BB guns can even kill a rabbit. I know some trapping, but it's not going to work with other hungry people around. Help me out here if you can. Thanks.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



SHTF Killing Small Game

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire