dimanche 1 janvier 2017

Back into CB have some questions

Hey all. I am a CB'er from way back but gave it up when cell phones came out.

I just picked up a nice Uniden PC78elite peaked and tuned. 18 watts dead key, sounds real clear and nice. Done right. Anyways. This will most likely go into my Freightliner but until then I am interested in using it as a base.

My question is, I live in an apartment so I can't put up a legit antenna. I have been trying to run a mobile fire stick but my SWR is sky high. Thought about trying a mag mount but I think my problem is ground plane. I have been reading about no ground plane base antennas like the workman B100 but I read mixed reviews. I also read that they work well but not as well as a regular antenna.

I do have a balcony, the floor is Aluminum. The rails are iron connected to wood posts. I would like to use the balcony rather than having an antenna inside. And there is another balcony above me.

Anyone know of a good antenna to use in my situation? Any experience with the NGP antennas? Any info would be great. Oh and th NGP antennas need 50' of special coax. That is kinda a draw back living in an apartment.

Thanks guys for any info you can give!!'

This article passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.
Recommended article: The Guardian's Summary of Julian Assange's Interview Went Viral and Was Completely False.



Back into CB have some questions

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire