mercredi 26 septembre 2018

Protect your barrels with chair leg protectors

On my medium barrel rifles I turn my muzzles to .752 and get 3/4 chair leg protectors at Home Depot and slide them on the muzzles. I have saved crowns getting damaged twice when I got dumped off my mountain bike and the rifle slung over my shoulder had the muzzle go into the road first. They come in packs of four.

Then I have a number of other sporter weight barrels of which most are around .605 diameter and I just found protectors for them that came in yesterday.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PVC-Leg-Cap...r=610847462794

You want the ones that are 16MM and arrived yesterday. They are like $4.01 for 24 of them. So far I have put them on a 03A3 and two Glenfield lever guns 30-30 and 35 Rem. The 30-30 I had to cut a 1/8" slit about 3/4ths way up from bottom as the feed tube is close to barrel. At any rate it still gives a nice snug fit.

Not only are they good for protecting muzzles from impacts but in the south you have to worry about Dirt Dobbers building nests in muzzles. I have obtained two rifles that had such damage that I have replaced.

The best part in a situation where you need to shoot quick just bring it up and shoot. The protector just blows right off.

I saw a guy letting a rifle down from a tree stand with fishing line as he had no sling. The line broke and guess what got to the ground first? Muzzle went right into the ground so he couldn't shoot it till it got cleaned out with a rod back at camp. If he had one of these on it, that would not have happened.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Protect your barrels with chair leg protectors

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire