mardi 25 septembre 2018

Original Bowie

Went to a gun show last weekend, got a knife......

I was digging through a box of knives he had them set up as 20, 40, 60 dollar boxes... saw quite a few I would have liked to have.

This one was in the $40 he wouldnt deal.... anyway it was in the sheath, sheath looks new but stained probably from being in the box. Its engraved as "Original Bowie Knife" with what looks like a Solingen Germany stamp w/ 7 1/4 inch blade.

While the metal is smooth it has rust stains and hammer marks along the top, a couple of small nicks on the blade and the tip needs some work. I have always only used a wet stone with consistency.

I am by no means a knife expert but I have always wanted a Bowie type knife. I have seen similar on ebay from 40-200 since I picked it up and I figure anything over 100 are just fishing.

is this of any value having the metal polished out, professionally edged and maybe reshaping the handle as I dont quite like the fit.

Any comments on actual quality and value appreciated. Thank you

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Original Bowie

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire