mercredi 26 septembre 2018

Update on Handbrake and MP4 surround sound

On the is DVD no longer free thread I was trying to get an MP4 file to play in 5.1 surround and thanks for the help I was able to understand why even though I did what looked like surround sound it was saving as stereo.

What was required was changing the Bitrate number to 448 from default 160 and I changed the Dolby to 5.1 channels but Dolby surround or pro might work as well.
Once the program is converted to MP4 you can right click on the icon click properties then click details and it will state if it has 2 or in this case 6 (as in 5.1)
This detail ability does not show on the older XP version of Handbrake but does show on the W10 newer version.

So, I changed the Bitrate to 448 and 5.1 and for the first time have 6 channels but when I run it via the HDMI from my laptop to my receiver it is still in stereo (although I get some muffled sounds through the center speaker) but no surround.
So, I take the external with this show and plug it into my old XP with the surround sound audio card and low and behold it works all 5 speakers as it should.

I tried this because it dawned on me my new laptop does not have a sound card like my old tower or not a surround one (I put that in for games/sims) so now I have to call MSI and find out if there is a way to install 5.1 in the laptop.
Unfortunately my old XP tower does not have HDMI or I could just run my 25 foot HDMI from it to the receiver ( that sends the video signal only to the TV) meaning I may have spent a great deal of time to learn how do to something I will never be able to use
Such is life

But, since some here helped me learn enough to try some things that eventually did get some answers perhaps some of you will be able to run surround with MP4
Good luck but know having a surround sound card in your computer is required to make that happen</span>

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Update on Handbrake and MP4 surround sound

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire