vendredi 5 février 2016

Sad News

I thought General discussion was the most fitting for this, Mods please move if there is a more appropriate location.

I recieve Paul Wheaton's permaculture email regularly, His latest post let the community know that Author Mike Oehler passed away several days ago.

Mike is probably best known for his "$50.00 and Up Underground House Book". I had the chance to meet him in '99 when we was promoting his Y2K book "The Hippy Survival Guide to Y2K". Both books are in my emp proof library.

I enjoyed chatting with him a bit that day, he was friendly, knowledgable and was quite engaging. Building one of his houses (even a small one) is still on my bucket list. Over the years I also enjoyed checking out his youtube videos and a video segment from '98 by a bbc film crew and Louis Theroux when he spent the night in one of Mike's houses'.

Here is a link to Mr. Wheaton's page; http://ift.tt/1QjoH1o

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Sad News

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire