vendredi 24 juin 2016

Lessons Learned From Bug Out Bag Testing

Hello everyone!

How many of you have actually done a field test with your bug out gear? I have to admit, that I have not tested my actual BOB and its contents overnight. I have gone on some backpacking trips and have used a lot of my gear that is currently in my BOB...But I have not done a dedicated BOB Field Test.

I've seen a lot of people talk about testing and recommend it. But I haven't seen a dedicated thread that for people to post what they learned. So I thought I'd start this thread so that people with be encouraged to do some testing and then share what their results.

I think it will be good for many of us to hear some real stories from people who have actually gone out and tested their BOBs.

What items worked?
What items were dead weight?
Did you really need 13 knives? ;p
Did you carry your BOB AND a Rifle?
What challenges did you face?
Was your bag too heavy?
Was it lighter than you thought and could you add more items?
Were you not in as good of shape as you thought?
Is one type/brand of item better than another?
What items are overlooked?
Should you have brought water instead of soda? ;p

etc...etc...

What are some lessons learned?

PS: sorry if a thread like this already exists...I did a few searches and didn't see any.

Thanks

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Lessons Learned From Bug Out Bag Testing

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire