mercredi 29 juin 2016

let's talk 410 for a minute

I'll start off by saying (despite having a couple dozen) I'm not a "shotgun guy"

I've always had the 12 Guage by the bed, and on the (rare occasions) I've hunted small game it's with my 20 Guage Mossberg 500 with polly choke (love that thing)

But last night I stepped out onto my porch 6 feet from a racoon.
I didn't want to shoot it with the .40 on my belt (ears) so now my $1.40 savage 94 single shot rests next to the door. (Suppressed Ruger American is by the side door (stored in accordance with ATF regs) and accounted for a dillo tonight.) With a set of ears on the forend.
-post spinal surgery 410 will hurt much less.

I've owned 410's here and there, but I started with a SS 20 and never really used them.

And, I'm nor sure what shot to use on say... coons or perhaps turkey in season (they stalk me here) buck (currently in it) seems a waste, and... marginal with only 3 pellets.

Don't know if the #4 I've got floating around would be adequate, know the 6 wouldn't.

Stuck some slugs in the old 1st aid pouch I attached to the stock for now...

Just want to be responsable.

Thanks.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



let's talk 410 for a minute

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire