mardi 23 septembre 2014

Finally getting a Berkey!

I recently travelled an airline that had oversold its seats and asked for people to give theirs up for other passengers. As I wasn't in a hurry to be anywhere, I volunteered. As a thank you, I received gift cards for $600 for Amazon.com. I was looking around, thinking I'd buy Christmas gifts for the grandchildren, when my DD said "hey, Mom, what about that water thingie you've always said you wanted?" Good idea! Amazon had Big Berkeys for $288.50, so into my cart it went. I also ordered a LifeStraw for $19.95. Subtotal came to $328.40. Shipping and handling brought it to $370.68 Import fees totalled the bill to $421.59. So, for a $288.50 Berkey, I paid over $400. It seems a lot, but as it was 'free' money, and there was no other way I could see me affording it, I sent for it.



I am so excited! I have followed many threads on here about Berkeys for years, and have vacillated between them and Aquarain, but in the end, it was Berkey. Don't let me down, Berkey. :thumb:





Finally getting a Berkey!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire