lundi 15 septembre 2014

Hello from Western Mass

I just found this site googling how to store my harvest of dried beans. It was a good year for beans and they got ahead of me so in rereading the seed packet, (a good reason to keep them, even empty) I found out I can dry them. I've got about 10 lbs so far and waiting on the other half to mature.

It looks like as long as they are dry I'm good to go for about 5 years with no special storage needs, great reading



http://ift.tt/XrUKrB



I'm retired US Army & USPS rebuilding my new wife's house and planning the construction of a new Passive Solar house in the area. I spend a lot of time in the woods, I grew up hiking the White Mtns of NH but there's too many people there now. I am now learning to be a forager. I know most of the trees, shrubs and flowers, my wife knew the mushrooms. In the past few years I've pulled it all together and it has changed completely the way I look at the woods. We've had a fair year shrooming. It started great with the Morels and picked up with the Black Trumpets and still hoping for a good harvest of Hen of the Woods.



MY son, grandson and I spend a week each year with an ever changing group other of people canoeing the Allagash River in Maine. This year we started up on Eagle Lake for about an 80 mile paddle. Nights are spent doing BC activities and teaching my grandson to use some of the gear and tools before high tech.



Looks like a great Board with lots of activity. I'm ready to learn and contribute.





Hello from Western Mass

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire