mardi 16 septembre 2014

How many here have or had a KLR

I'm curious being that the KLR is a simple, reliable, cheap utilitarian motorcycle that does everything okay but nothing well. It seems it would be popular among the survivalist crowd.

650s or 250s





here's my klr650, prior to test riding one I assumed I would hate it for the same reason I hate the air cooled honda XRs and crf230, overweight, underpower, under suspended, sub par brakes, general boring-ness. but somehow it makes for a great package and the 650 lump while gutless on the road, on the trail similar to a 250f MXer in terms of power just in a heavier bike.





It is my DD, and while I haven't rode much this year I have put 5000 miles on it since I got it 5 months ago, usually this is the point where my motorcycle ADD kicks in and I try to move onto something else but oddly it seems the mediocre KLR is here to stay.

It seems like it could go anywhere I would have been able to take any of my KX's or that KDX but I need to get a D606 or K760 rear to really test it out on some technical single track. On all the medium single track it's been fine even with the horrible k761.

it's about 2-3" too low, comes with a plastic skid plate, rubber pegs and a 17" rear wheel. of course there's the doo and less than strong bolts on the subframe... My first and biggest problem with it was the buffeting caused by the fairing, as you can see in the pictures I fixed that and added wind protection.

the KLR has many faults but they are cheap to correct. there are bikes that do stuff better and there is a small handful that do everything better but they are either more expensive or higher maintenance.







PS pictures are always good





How many here have or had a KLR

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire