lundi 8 février 2016

A long rambley introduction

Hello, I'm new here and have been wanting to get prepared for unexpected emergencies for several years now. I have finally gotten into a place where I can afford to get a 72-hour kit together. It is pricey for my budget, especially since I like to get very dependable gear. Sometimes dependable is inexpensive, but usually I find dependable is midrange in cost. This mean assembling my kit more slowly. I did just buy some hiking boots, but I was only able to try them on briefly. For me I feel it is risky to get something where you only have 1-2 reviews on it. I want dozens and possibly many more all saying good things. I went with Merrell Reflex Mid Leather Hiker boots btw. They seamed t fit okay in the store, but I am concerned about in the field. Anyway I have a partial kit assembled and am working on the rest.

Next I want to start working on an EDC kit. Light, compact, low profile, comprehensive.

I don't know any other bushcrafter/survivalist/preppers. I'm surprised that there are not some groups here in NW Arkansas where I have moved just over a year ago.

I have been getting most of my knowledge from books, youtube, and the internet. No I don't trust just one source. I won't pay most survival advice much mind until I have gotten the same or similar from multiple sources.

Well hello everyone. I hope to get to know people here.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



A long rambley introduction

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire