jeudi 11 février 2016

Headaches and/or motion(sea) sickness

Here's a trick I have used rather successfully, if you try it I'd be curious to know how it worked for you.

I get headaches occasionally, and seasick in less than ideal ocean sailing; I also have a couple of food items that give me a headache, or make me nauseous...

Since headaches(no actual pain receptors in the brain) and motion sickness(presuming you don't have inner ear issues) are essentially 'in the mind', I decided to go contrary to logic and experimented...

What I found was, If I was experiencing motion sickness I would eat a bit of food that normally makes me nauseous; The motion sickness would quickly! pass and I also would not get nauseous(from the food)...

In my case Pringles Potato chips, If I ate say half a tube, I would feel slightly-mildly nauseous.. I did several times over the years(all that was available handy(family)).. I think my brain came to expect this feeling...
So when I was getting seasick, if I had 5-10 chips of Pringles it seemed the part of my brain making me seasick figured it wasn't as serious as it perceived and in a few minutes the nausea went away(repeated as necessary). I stocked the Pringles chips on the boat ever since; worked repeatedly.

My results are less dramatic but does seem to work for at least some headaches.
In my case, corn syrup/corn chips/cheese puffs gives me pretty darn good headaches, enough that I avoid buying/having those products; Even tho I enjoy the easy snacks... Invariably through company/etc I windup with some in the house; it struck me to dig in the next time I had a headache already; interesting results!

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Headaches and/or motion(sea) sickness

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire