dimanche 7 février 2016

Was it the gun or the ammo?

So today I was firing an LMT MWS308 that is about 5 years old but until today never fired.

I shot 75 rounds of CBC brand M80 ball which was also about 5 years old incidentally, but that is just a side note.

In that time I had 5 to 7 failures to feed.

I was using two brand new just taken out of the bag magaines, one a Knights Armament SR25 20 round magazine, and one 25 round Magpul M3 PMAG.

Both experienced the same problem.

Also, with the bolt home each magazine was a pain to rack back.

So much so, the first round loaded failed to feed getting caught up on the feed lips. I pulled back the bolt again and it went home, but what a PITA!

Same thing when I loaded the PMAG next.

When I reloaded my magazines and racked the weapons both times they went home.

However, during the course of 75 rounds I still had several more failures to feed.

I'm wondering, was it because the weapon was brand new, or was it the ammo?

I know AR style weapons with the bolt home can sometimes be a pain to load on full magazines which is why many people download by 1, but with that many failures to feed which required me perform immediate action drills seems insane.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Was it the gun or the ammo?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire