mercredi 9 mars 2016

Core 15 Lemon?

Long story not very short, traded even up a Ruger 20GA OU shotgun for a Core 15 AR platform. Swapped out the front ramp for a low profile gas block and the front forearm for a 12 inch Getaux key mod forearm. Topped it off with a Primary Arms ACSS 1X6, rubber butt pad for the extending stock, etc etc etc.

On my first trip to the range I encountered several FTF problems. Light strikes that had me clearing the weapon frequently. The doubts began. On my lastest trip I had FTF with light strikes occuring 50% (unacceptable). So I left the shooting line and went to the armorer who inspected the BCG seals firing pin and lubbed it up. He also installed a stronger trigger spring at no charge being the good customer that I am. No change. He then removed the stock BCG and installed a $400 YH BCG and still the problem isn't fixed. He then swapped it back out with a shrug and suggested I send back to the factory.

Before I left I asked if he was available and a second gunsmith wanted to look it over. He went over the same things the first had but added the upper and the lower had a tight fit but were off center by a third of the thickness off a dime. (forgive me I didn't have a micrometer to measure the offset)

So it looks like I get to send the rifle back up the road ( still have the original shipping box) back to the factory for a guaranteed repair. Allow me ask any other opinions out there?

P.S. Let me add using several different Hexmags and Federal .223 55 grain AKA Wally World 100 pack value rounds. When I squeeze the trigger I wanna hear bang not click. Frustrated in FL.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Core 15 Lemon?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire