I bought the knife in these pics from a young man today at a local gun show. He is in the Vegas area. He had a lot of knives that would look well with 'period' dress such as Cowboy Action Shooting.
His information is on the card in one of the pics.
I thought them to be of very good quality. They aren't all spit and polish like a factory knife, but instead look like a knife made by a blacksmith who actually cares about what he's doing and knows that shiny doesn't equate automatically to good.
I liked this one enough I bought it for my daughter as a survival knife for when she hikes and xc skis in Wyoming.
I thought the handle was cork wood as it is light and has deep grain but he said it was burl something. The knife is very light and I have no doubt it will be an excellent and useful camp knife for a long time. I forgot the blade material.
No doubt I could have bought her a Buck or Gerber all polished up and maybe they are better knives, or maybe not. She liked this one and I think she'll carry it when she goes out.
I took the pictures for the rifle forum to show my new .30WCF and used the knife for eye candy then thought you guys here might to see it as well.
Fyi and Namaste
Kate
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.
Local knifemaker - vintage style knives
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire